We exist to reach beyond the discipleship of St. James in order to help others experience the love of God.
Compassionate Outreach is done by providing assistance to those in need, empowering the hurting, and extending an invitation to those disconnected from Jesus Christ.
These ministries are those that extend beyond the membership of St. James to assist, encourage, empower, invite, and serve the larger community.
- Adult Education & Literacy Ministry
- Bettylu’s Closet
- Emergency Preparedness - To educate and prepare St. James members to respond to emergencies while at church, in their homes and in our greater community so that the community can depend upon the church as a spiritual and physical resource for disaster relief services.
- Loaves & Fishes - Serve as a hands-on outreach ministry to the community. Providing perishable/non-perishable items to the clients and their families experiencing any type of hardship.
- Health Ministry - The mission of St. James United Methodist Church Health Ministry Program is to empower its members by promoting awareness while using a holistic approach to mind, body and spirit. The ministry will enhance the quality of health through education, prevention and spiritual enrichment activities/programs on an on-going basis.
- Volunteers in Mission (VIM) - The primary VIM (Volunteers in Mission) mission is serving rather than being served. We assess and address the needs for ministry in our church, our local community and globally. In Matthew 28:19, Jesus tells His disciples to go into all nations and make disciples.